[Peace] AWARE at NAACP banquet

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 17:00:53 CST 2003

Save the date:

As discussed at the last AWARE meeting, we have a
table at the upcoming NAACP 17th Annual Banquet,
scheduled to take place on Friday November 7 at 6:30
pm.  Eight of us can sit at this table, which I'm told
may have the name of our organization emblazoned on a
card in the middle.  The speaker will be Dr John H
Jackson, NAACP National Education Director.

We also have a half-page ad in their program book with
a very simple statement of support.

I have the tickets, so be nice to me. :-)

[Note: At the meeting, I was asked to find out how
much the tickets would cost and when we had to buy
them.  We discussed the expectation that the cost
would be substantial, but that it would be worth it to
make this connection.  So when I contacted the
appropriate officials and learned that the deadline
was TODAY, I double-checked with AWARE's trusty
treasurer Linda Evans and reserved the table.  I hope
that this was the right thing to do.  It seemed
appropriate, given the discussion at the meeting.  The
cost is $35 each or $280 for the table.  We may want
to discuss whether AWARE will pay for everyone or if
those who feel that they can afford it should pay
their own way.  Whatever the group wants.  - Ricky]