[Peace] Anti-American attacks in Iraq could send message

Charles Smith charlessmithpiano at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 1 09:35:53 CDT 2003

The big bombing of a mosque three days ago (as well as
the bomb attack at the hotel near the UN headquarters,
in Baghdad) is, I believe, another incentive for U.S.
troops to get out of Iraq. Today.

But that is not just that. There is another reason.

The constant news reports of American soldiers being
ambushed and killed after president Bush ended major
combat
operations in Iraq hurts us. It seems like Saddam
loyalists are behind the killings. The loyalists were,
in my opinion, so, so agitated about the fall of
Saddam's regime that they resorted on attacks of
American troops in guerrilla fashion. Iraq then
became the new "Somalia" as a result. The reason
for the guerrilla attacks is this: The United States
is simply unwelcome in post-war Iraq. And simply,
the only recourse for these soldiers is to simply
get out of the country.

Bringing home PFC Jessica Lynch is not simply enough.
Every U.S. troop member needs to go home now, because
through those anti-American attacks, it now looks like
that it will be impossibly complicated to maintain a
total peace in post-war Iraq.