[Peace] Fwd:Media Matters Needs Suggestions for Guests.....

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Apr 2 08:29:21 CST 2004

Welcome to another edition of the WILL-AM Media Matters email  update!

Two quick announcements:

We now offer MP3 downloads on our website. Recent and  upcoming shows can be easily downloaded and stored on  computers or portable devices. Check out this new feature at  http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/default.htm

The Media Matters email list will be moving to a new home  over the next two weeks, but the email list name,
subscriptions, and other details will remain the same. More  info will follow in the next update.

THIS WEEK'S GUEST

-------------------------------

This week's guest on Media Matters is Susan Douglas. Susan  Douglas is the Catherine Neafie Kellogg Professor of
Communication Studies at the University of Michigan. She is  author of "Listening in: Radio and the American
Imagination," which won the Hacker Prize in 2000 for the  best popular book about technology and culture; "Where the  girls are: Growing up Female with the Mass Media";
and "Inventing American Broadcasting, 1899-1922." Her writing  has appeared in The Nation, Ms., In these Time, TV Guide, and  The Progressive. Most recently, with Meredith Michaels she  authored "The Mommy Myth: The Idealization of Motherhood and  How it has Undermined Women."

UPCOMING GUESTS

--------------

In the following weeks we will feature Amy Goodman, John  Nichols, and Janeane Garofalo.

If you have a suggestion for a guest you'd like to see on the  show,let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST

-----------------------------

Last week's guest on Media Matters was Laura Flanders. Laura  Flanders is a radio show host on the new liberal radio
network, Air America. http://www.airamericaradio.com/  She is also the author of "Bushwomen: Tales of a
Cynical Species."

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

text "unsubscribe mediamatters" in the body of the email.

vpickard at uiuc.edu

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be useful  and informative, and we hope you'll encourage everyone you  know with an interest in the media to listen to the show and  subscribe to the list. If you have any questions or
suggestions on how to improve what we do with this list,  please email producer Victor Pickard at vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--

Victor Pickard