[Peace] interview request/military families who oppose the war

e-weill-greenberg at northwestern.edu e-weill-greenberg at northwestern.edu
Fri Apr 2 11:19:32 CST 2004

Hello,

I am a graduate journalism student at the Medill School of Journalism at
Northwestern. I am opposed to the war in Iraq.

Almost every week I read reports about a soldier's loved one or a soldier
bravely speaking out against this war.

I'd like to interview military families, soldiers and veterans and put
these interviews in downloadable form on the internet and hopefully
publish them in a book. Assuming the book was published, all proceeds
would be donated.

I'd like to ask about the impact of this war on their lives and their
thoughts on the war. What don't people know about the experiences of
soldiers and their families?

Anyone who did not want to use his or her name or the name of his or her
loved one would be promised confidentiality and could go by an alias. The
person interviewed decides what identifying information is included or
not included.

I appreciate any suggestions you can provide about people I should interview.

My work has appeared in The Nation, In These Times and Counterpunch.org.
Before coming to school, I worked as a community organizer with Peace
Action in New York.

Thank you for the work you are doing!

Peace,
Elizabeth Weill-Greenberg