[Peace] martin espada

rohloff at uiuc.edu rohloff at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 10 20:22:04 CDT 2004

A reminder that April 15 the poet Martin Espada will be giving a reading.
This event is organized by Student Peace Action and cosponsored by
AWARE. More info below. I have publicity flyers for this event. If you would
like to put it up in your office or elsewhere, let me know and I can email the
file to you.

Peter

Student Peace Action is bringing the poet Martín Espada to do a
> reading on April 15th at 7:30 pm in Rm 192 Lincoln Hall. Espada writes
> with a political hue focusing on oppression, immigrant rights, Puerto
> Rican freedom et cetera. In the late '90's NPR censored Espada for his
> poem about Mumia Abu-Jamal entitled "Another Nameless Prostitute
Says