[Peace] Speaker co-sponsorship opportunity

ndahlhei at uiuc.edu ndahlhei at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 12 22:24:47 CDT 2004

Dear AWARE peace list,
    My name is Nick Dahlheim, a junior in political science.
This past year I have devoted a great deal of my time to
educating myself on matters of public policy, particularly
the world events surrounding 9/11, Iraq, and "The War on
Terror."  Given the fact that this government led by a
corrupt George W. Bush administration has lied consistently
since the beginning.  The war on Iraq is a racket for the
international banks, Wall Street, oil companies, and the
military-industrial complex.  It's very important for people
in college with the future of the country and maybe the peace
of the world in doubt in this crucial time to be informed as
to how the government works and what a racket the "War on
Terror" is for those bankers and oilmen at the top.  In the
past year, I have found an alternative to the mainstream
corporate-run media who protect the bankers and oilmen who
control the government for their own interests at the expense
of ordinary people.
    That alternative news source is Micheal Ruppert and his
excellent publication From the Wilderness which exposes much
of the government corruption behind the war on drugs, Wall
Street, insider trading, 9/11, Iraq, and the mother of all
issues facing the future of our society: Peak Oil and the
future of industrial society.  This guy is right on target
about many issues, and he reports the news without the
propaganda of the mainstream corporate-controlled media.  He
is an excellent speaker.  His video from a speech given in
Nov 2001 at Portland State University is advertised on his
website www.copvcia.com.  I am trying to get as many people
concerned about this War on Terror on this campus and in the
community interested in potentially helping me get him to
visit campus before the 2004 elections where many of our
freedoms will likely be at stake.  I will be at the next
AWARE meeting at 5PM at the IMC to bring more information
about Ruppert and some of my ideas for getting the people of
this campus informed about the reality of the way this
corrupt government works and why we need to organize for our
rights and our democracy.  Please feel free to contact me at
this listserve or e-mail me backt at ndahlhei at uiuc.edu or
give me a call at my home at (217) 255-6415 or my cell #
which is (630) 476-0803.  Take care and look forward to
hearing thoughts and discussions about my idea.
                           Sincerely,
                           Nick Dahlheim