[Peace] WILL-AM to attend Aug. 22 AWARE meeting

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 10:36:32 CDT 2004

August 22nd will be an important AWARE  meeting - the following folks from
WILL-AM are scheduled to attend:

Jay Pearce (program director, interim station manager)
Tom Rogers (news director)
Kim Kranich (outreach coordinator)
Ali Kawa (news staff, contact for listener commentaries)
  (pronounced AL-lee KAY-wah)

We will be discussing our objections to the WILL listener commentary policy
which was implemented (in April) after our first submitted commentary (which
was broadcast previously in March), and which was used to reject our second
commentary (in May). The policy substantially limits topics of commentary to
"regional" or "local" issues, which precludes AWARE from speaking out on the
issues most important to us (which are national or international in scope).

The policy in question is on WILL's web site at:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/commentaries.htm

And just as a reminder, all are welcome to attend AWARE meetings.