[Peace] WEFT's election coverage next week

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 27 19:35:57 CDT 2004

Dear Peaceniks,

As part of WEFT's commitment to providing alternative coverage of election
issues, WEFT will pre-empt regular programming next Monday through Friday,
August 30th through September 3rd.

Our special coverage begins with Democracy Now!'s  "Breaking with
Convention: War, Peace and the Presidency," broadcast live from 6 until 8am
Monday through Friday with one hour repeated during the normal 4pm
"Democracy Now!" slot.

>From 7pm-7:30pm, we will broadcast a  "Flashpoints" discussion live from NYC
before each night of the Republican National Convention.

>From 7:30pm-8:30pm, a local host will take your calls as we debate the
issues and the Republican National Convention with local candidates and
other politically active residents as well as locals who are in  NYC
participating in the protests.

>From 8:30-11pm, we bring you live coverage of the Convention with analysis
and special interviews from Pacifica reporters. The last hour of this
coverage will be a live national call-in.

Sincerely,
Kimberlie Kranich
Producer, WEFT commentary panels