[Peace] (no subject)

Alfred Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 10 09:37:34 CST 2004

Teachers for Peace and Justice and the Working Group on Globalization
and Empire
present a lecture by

Joel Finkel, Not in My Name

"Understanding and Confronting the Obstacles to Peace in
Israel/Palestine-An Alternative Jewish Viewpoint"

Wednesday, February 18
4:00 pm
Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities Building, 805 W.
Pennsylvania Ave.

All are welcome!

Joel Finkel is a member of Not in My Name. Started in Chicago, Not In
My Name is a gathering of Jews who believe that the Israeli
Government must change its policies towards Palestinians and
Palestine if there is ever going to be a just and lasting peace for
all the people of the region. While Not In My Name is focused
primarily on having an impact on the American Jewish community, it
has Jewish and non-Jewish members from around the world. Their
website is: www.nimn.org.

Co-sponsored by the Unit for Criticism and Interpretive Theory, the
Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities, and the Program in
Jewish Culture and Society, and the Muslim Students Association

--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328

tel. 217-333-6519