[Peace] Coalition for Citizen Police Review Boards Meeting, Tuesday, 7PM

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 9 20:48:48 CST 2004

 Sorry for cross posting!

Coalition for Citizen Police Review meeting

Tuesday, Feb. 10 from 7-9PM

Illinois Disciple's Foundation (corner of Springfield and Wright) Bondurant
room (2nd floor)

Several groups in the community are working together to look into the
possibility of Citizen Police Review Boards in Urbana-Champaign.  For more
information on Police Review Boards and the need in our community, please
visit our website,  <http://www.prairienet.org/cprb> www.prairienet.org/cprb
or read this recent letter to the Daily Illini
<http://www.dailyillini.com/opinions/story.php?story=291>
http://www.dailyillini.com/opinions/story.php?story=291

Anyone is welcome to attend Tuesday's meeting.  We will be discussing
efforts to obtain further support for this campaign from groups and
individuals in the community as well as our community's governing bodies.
Also, we will be discussing upcoming speakers (Campus Greens is trying to
get Chuck D from Public Enemy to come to campus in early April to talk about
racial profiling) and possible actions.

The next meeting will be March 9  at 7 PM.

Current Co-sponsors include

*	NAACP

*	Religious Leaders for Community Care

*	Ministerial Alliance

*	AWARE

*	St. Jude Catholic Worker House

*	Prairie Green Party of East Central Illinois

*	Urbana-Champaign Friends Meeting

*	Common Ground Food Co-op

*	St. Luke CME Church

*	American Association of University Women
*	Channing-Murray Foundation
*	Illinois Disciples Foundation
*	El Centro de Los Trabajadores
*	Campus Greens at UIUC
*	Student Peace Action
*	Student ACLU
*	National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
*	Progressive Resource Action Cooperative (PRC)
And Many more groups to come!