[Peace] Outfoxed

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 16 11:54:41 CDT 2004

[FYI; this was circulated at the library school (GSLIS). --CGE]

I apologize for the impersonal nature of this mass email.  Some of you
know me and others do not, but in any case you are receiving this email as
your name was mentioned in conversation with other students, speculating
on which faculty members would be interested in viewing a documentary on
the Fox News network and their bias.  In the absence of a known faculty
massmail list, asking other students was the best method I could devise.
Please forward this to anyone else who may be interested.

Perhaps you've heard about the MoveOn sponsored documentary, Outfoxed:
Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism.  Basically, the film critiques and
attempts to expose not only the biased reporting of Fox, but also the why
and how of it.  If you haven't, further information about the film can be
found at: http://www.outfoxed.org/

As biased media was discussed in several GSLIS courses, and the freedom of
information is a value of the profession, I thought it would be
appropriate to host a showing at GSLIS.  The film will be shown at 6PM on
Sunday, July 18th, in room 126 of the GSLIS building.  The showing is open
to the local community.  To sign up for this or one of the other two
showing in the area, please visit: http://action.moveon.org/outfoxed/

Thanks for your time. Brian Looker