[Peace] AWARE Minutes 6/13/04

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 19 18:31:07 CDT 2004

I posted last week's minutes to the web site with the following
clarifications:

: New President of Iraq was a former operative of the CIA.

The new Prime Minister was a former CIA agent (not the President, who has
marginally more credibility)

: 4th of July plans- 6-8 people needed to pull float. Pillowcases needed and
: help building float. Email rick Baldwin at baldwinricky at yahoo.com.

Also needed are:

- newspapers (for papier mache)
- old rusty barbed wire or similar
- artists to help with painting the ugly old and the better new world.)

: Jan Kruse has been passing around a petition to bring the Boondocks back
: the Champaign County News Gazette.  Republican County clerk Mark Shellden
: along with 44 others. The Executive producer called it too critical  of
the
: President. But we believe that removing the comiic is against the people's
: wis going agains f

I'm rendering the last two sentences as:

The Executive Editor (ed. note: John Beck) called it too critical of the
President. But we believe that removing the comic is against the people's
wishes.

: Tast of Champaign- More Tabling please sign up. next week to sit at the
: AWARE table. The event is from the 25th th-27th of June

Carol has the list. Linda may have event guidelines/rules that were sent to
us

: Democracy Now/ UPTV - WILL wants to decide whether it can sponsor really
: independent news media
: Randall will continue to negotiate with them about that.

Well, UPTV has already said they're going to do it, actually, it's just
taking a long time for UPTV to get DN! going. I'll continue pushing for the
project to proceed and will request help from AWARE folks if necessary.

:R