[Peace] Dessert and Discussion with Meridith Kruse

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 10:39:19 CDT 2004

For six months this last year Meridith Kruse worked as a translator for Indigenous Guatemalans who were testifying about human rights abuses that they had witnessed and experienced.  Living among people who have been through such horrors had a really profound impact on her, and seeing the complex dynamics of these communities made her critique human rights work in new ways.

On Tuesday, June 29th, you have a chance to hear Meridith talk about her experiences.  It will be an informal discussion with lots of time for questions and conversation, and I'll be serving dessert and drinks.  Please pass the word to others who might be interested.

Tuesday, June 29th at 7:00pm at the Home of Carol Inskeep and Matt Murrey at 606 East High Street in Urbana (344-9155).   Please RSVP if possible.