[Peace] May Day protest report

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 16:37:48 CDT 2004

May Day Prospect for Peace report

This Saturday on North Prospect we had 37
participants, including a couple of brand new faces
and a few we haven’t seen in some time.  In April we
had only about half as many.  Some of us also thought
we got a much better reception from passers-by than
usual, possibly as a result of (1) April’s incredible
death toll, US and Iraqi, and (2) recent footage of US
troops abusing Iraqi prisoners in the news.

Sarah Kanouse got us on the radio, talking about why
we were there, what we count as success and other
issues.

We also had some precautions in place this Saturday.
Randall brought his video camera and practiced his
quick-draw license plates filming technique.  Durl and
later Doug were in charge of our new Incident Report
form, which reminds us what to look for and record
when things go wrong.

Dave brought the signs, as usual, and passed out a new
“Cost of War” leaflet he made, which was well
received.  He and Susan both dropped off materials for
Friday’s sign-making party, too.  Unfortunately the
party was cut short by a mild attack of food
poisoning.  (Yes, I’m better now.)

Thanks to everybody who made it happen.