[Peace] David Cobb Lecture, June 2 at 8PM in the Union

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Thu May 27 14:27:24 CDT 2004

Peace list - I'd like to invite you all to this event.  Cobb is a tremendous
speaker who shares the goals of the Peace movement.  I'm sure you'll enjoy
his talk and the speeches of the other candidates (especially AWARE member
Ken Urban!).
In addition, I'd like to invite anyone who has any progressive literature,
petitions, etc. that they'd like to share to bring them to the event.  We'll
leave some table space for it.  Hope to see you there. - Jen Walling

David Cobb, Candidate for Green Party Presidential Nomination, to Speak in
Urbana

When: Wednesday, June 2 at 8PM
Where: Illini Union Ball Room A

On June 2, 2004 at 8 PM David Cobb will be speaking at the Union concerning
his reasons for seeking the Green Party's presidential nomination.  David
Cobb is an attorney from Texas now living in California.

Members of the Urbana-Champaign community are encouraged to attend to ask
him any questions they might have about the Green Party and the 2004
presidential race.  Cobb's lecture is sponsored by the Prairie Greens of
East Central Illinois, UIUC Campus Greens, and UIUC Students for David Cobb.

David Cobb will be joined by Zach Miller - Candidate for County Board
District 9, Ken Urban - Candidate for County Board District 7, and  Scott K.
Summers, Green Party Candidate for U.S. Senate in Illinois.

Draft Schedule
8:00 PM - Ken Urban and Zach Miller, Candidates for Champaign County Board
8:10 PM - Scott Summers (pending confirmation), Candidate for U.S. Senate in
Illinois
8:20 PM - David Cobb
9:00 PM - Q & A

The Union in Urbana is on Green street between Wright and Mathews. Free
Parking is available underneath the Krannert Center near Goodwin and
Illinois.  Meter parking is available on Mathews and Goodwin near Green
Street.

This event is free and open to the public.

Cobb is campaigning on the platform of the Green Party of the United States,
with its commitment to peace, social justice, grassroots democracy, and
ecological wisdom.

His priorities include ending the occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan, ending
the transnational corporate empire and dismantling the military industrial
complex; universal health care and a living wage for all; building schools
not prisons; creating a multi-party democracy with publicly funded elections
and which uses Proportional Representation and Instant Runoff Voting; an end
to the racist War on Drugs and the Repeal of the Patriot Act.

Cobb currently leads all of the other candidates in delegate votes for
nomination, but does not have a majority. The Green Party presidential
candidate will be selected by delegates at the Green Party National
Convention on June 26.  More information on the Green Party presidential
nomination process is available at www.gpus.org.

For more info, e-mail jwalling at uiuc.edu

More info on David Cobb's visit is available at
http://www2.uiuc.edu/ro/cobb/visit.html
More info on Cobb is available at www.votecobb.org
More info on Ken Urban available at www.kenurban.com
More info on Zach Miller is available at www.votezach.org