[Peace] Shall we co-sponsor?

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 10:02:53 CDT 2005

Request from Food Not Bombs -

Hi Carol,

The short summary of the picnic is this:

What: Food Not Bombs Kick-off Picnic
When: Sunday, April 17 @ 4pm
Where: Scott Park (Springfield & 3rd)
Why: Gettin' together to celebrate peace, company, and free food

Here's the more elaborate explanation I sent out in a series of two emails
(They're in reverse order):

Hello again,

Food Not Bombs requests your company at the Kick-off Community Picnic on
April 17, in Scott Park at 4 p.m. We're still seeking co-sponsors, but we
need to know your decision by Saturday, so we can finalize and distribute
flyers - with your organization's name on them!

Remember, co-sponsoring allows you to promote yourselves and east
delicious FOR FREE. There's really nothing to lose.

~FoodNotBombs

read more about the community picnic:

Good Day Friends,

We are excited to announce that the local chapter of Food Not Bombs is
coming out of hibernation. To celebrate, we will be hosting a Huge
Community Picnic on Sunday, April 17 at 4 p.m. in Scott Park. Everybody,
we mean EVERYBODY, is welcome to join us for feasting and dancing. We want
this to be an opportunity for local organizations to build connections in
a fun, relaxed environment.

That's where you come in: Co-sponsorship! Don't be deterred,
co-sponsorship means simply that we ask you to let others know about our
event in exchange for the name of your organization on our flyer. You may
also set up a table or distribute information about your organization at
the Picnic. In essence, we will be helping each other raise awareness
about our respective causes, while also enjoying a delicious, free meal.

Please reply if you'd like to co-sponsor or if you have any questions or
concerns. We will have a flyer ready to send to you within a few days.
Thanks very much.

Happy eating,

~FoodNotBombs

for more about Food Not Bombs visit foodnotbombs.net