[Peace] Re:Re: [Peace-discuss] Military recruiters

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Apr 9 12:04:52 CDT 2005

Paul et al,

I think Yes to a presence,  and also, let's beat 'em @ their own game! Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happpiness is more patriotic than Kill, destroy, and maim/be killed, destroyed, maimed.  We could do a rotation, tell folks where we'll be next time, ask them to join us.  Lots of teens and kids....We can all wear red, white, and blue, and wave Old Glory, too.... A 4th of July parade all Spring and Summer long.  Yeah, I dream about this, too.

For anywhere and everywhere that AWARE places flyers, I'm for a short 'n sweet flyer that tells it like it really is -- Lies My Military Told Me -- They said I could quit any time I wanted.  They told me they'd pay for college.  They said I'd never see active duty.  They said I could leave when my tour of duty was up.  They said they'd take care of my family...Actual quotes w/ actual names would be great. And, There's gotta be a good reason your President, Vice President, Senators, and Reps DON'T have kids in the military.  There's gotta be a good reason George, Dick, Rush, most other famous Republicans and several notable Democrats avoided military service themselves....

I say No to blocking businesses, but fine to have cars w/ signs while drivers are shopping.... Is there space across Spfld, maybe on the corner/public space down a side street?

Needs work....

Jenifer C.
They're calling themselves "military career
counselors"  these days ..

I've been thinking about some kind of demo at the
military career counseling office on west Springfield,
 I posted about this strategy a while back-
the logistics are difficult as there are no sidewalks,
public space for any crowd to stand upon. .

there are several businesses there which could be
"patronized" whilst appropriate decorated cars (call
for convertibles) with people remaining with the
vehicles to block in the offices and the area, and
generally cause a stir .. .

of course, I dream of demos on Fox drive at  Amdocs on mideast issues,  on south first at UI research park to
protest SAIC role in being puppetmaster in Iraq

 gotta go

Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net