[Peace] OJC Technologies invites you to the Boneyard Arts Festival this weekend!

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Mon Apr 11 00:01:09 CDT 2005

Come to OJC Technologies this Friday & Saturday, April 15-16 for

  E M E R G I N G  :  new works for the eyes / ears / mouth

  -> photography 	-> Nick Mann
			   reception sat. @ 1
			   gallery open & work for sale
			   fri. 5-9 & sat. 12-5

  -> edible arts	-> Jessy Ruddell & Sara Metheny
			   edible pleasures sat. @ 2

  -> spoken word	-> Aaron Ammons
	  	     	   performance sat. @ 3

OJC Technologies *  115 west main street, 2nd floor * downtown urbana
 		parking in deck * wheelchair accessible

OJC Technologies - www.ojctech.com
OJC Technologies is a programming & design firm that has completed over
200 projects for 95 clients in their 6 years of business.

OJC has developed:
   -->  UIC's award-winning main site and family of sites
   -->  the most popular interactive economics textbook supplement
        on the market for McGraw Hill
   -->  cutting edge, free and open source community wireless
	software supported by a grant from the Soros Foundation in
	partnership with cuwireless.net
   -->  WebEasel - easy web updating software - www.webeasel.net

OJC's current projects include websites for:
   -->  Volition, Inc
   -->  UIC's Central Development Office
   -->  Urbana School District

Aaron Ammons
Aaron Ammons is a poet, philosopher, teacher, and activist.  He has just
published his first book of poetry, Journey Through Another Man's Mind - a
book of "raw poetry, moments frozen, 'rapped' in words."  His poems are a
roller coaster ride through the streets.

"I am a mental masseuse here to seduce
The ears of understanding,
If you listen closely,
You'll find of yourself,
You need to be much more demanding."

Aaron lives in Urbana with his wife and three children.  He co-founded the
grassroots group CU Citizens for Peace and Justice which works for civil
rights and racial equality.

Nick Mann
Nick Mann captures beautiful area landscapes and events of political and
historic significance.

Two women in bridal gowns leap into the air in downtown Champaign as they
are serenaded by a street performer singing for marriage equality; the
first woman Mayor of Urbana speaks into the microphone as her supporters
weep in the background; freezing rain turns Urbana trees into chandeliers;
and Altgeld Hall stands above a stunning bouquet of Fall leaves.

Nick has been hired by the University of Illinois, YWCA, WILL, 85%
Coalition, and OJC Technologies to produce custom photography.

Nick Mann happens to be 17 and homeschooled.  This is his first show.

Jessy Ruddell & Sara Metheny
Jessy and Sara have been the women behind some of your favorite Strawberry
Fields delights.  They are working towards opening our own restaurant
called Zaramama featuring organic and local, seasonal treats.

"We make food because we are hungry.  Our hunger is more deeply rooted
than our desire to consume a product to fill our stomachs.  We long to be
grounded in place and time -- to eat the food of our place and our time.
We want others to melt in delight and be satisfied to their roots.  So we
pay attention to the full experience - color, texture, origin,
presentation, cooking duration, and taste.  Food is art and art is food."

Boneyard Arts Festival
An annual celebration of the arts in Champaign County, the Boneyard Arts
Festival has expanded to three days this year and includes caberets at 208
W. Main in downtown Urbana on Friday and Saturday nights from 9pm to 2am.

Read more: http://www.40north.org/events/festival.html
Get the map in this week's Hub!

	J O I N   U S   I N   C E L E B R A T I N G   T H E S E
      		E M E R G I N G   A R T I S T S !