[Peace] Fw: IMPORTANT RALLY THURSDAY!!

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 03:27:32 CDT 2005

I'm forwarding this on from Meghan Sullivan (who forwarded it from someone
else). Meghan is a student at UIUC (AWARE recently sponsored an event
involving Rainforest Action Network that was brought to our attention by
Meghan.).

The announcement below, which may be of interest to some on this list, is of
an upcoming counter-demonstration in opposition to an "Orange and Blue
Observer" event raffling off 3 semi-automatic handguns to promote repeal of
gun control laws (and raise funds for their "Observer" publication). "Orange
and Blue Observer" is a registered student organization at UIUC.

The announcement below is being circulated among many student activists at
UIUC.

There is a recent article in the Daily Illini covering the recent raffle of
an AK-47 by this same "Orange and Blue Observer" organization:

http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2005/04/01/News/Ak47-Assault.Rifle.Raffled.At.Rally-909876.shtml

The apparent leader of this "Orange and Blue Observer", Leo Buchignani, was
also identified in another Daily Illini article as a *pro-sweatshop*
demonstrator at an event last November:

http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2004/11/10/News/Students.Don.Sweatshop.Attire.For.Show-799215.shtml

And wrote a letter-to-the-editor regarding that:

http://www.dailyillini.com/news/2004/11/16/Opinions/Letter.ProSweatshop.Stance-806136.shtml

This Leo Buchignani must be a real piece of work 8-)