[Peace] Fw: IMPORTANT RALLY THURSDAY!!

Susan Davis sgdavis at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 12 11:30:47 CDT 2005

it was unclear to me -- I actually thought it was an April fools Day
joke.  My guess is it was a sort of reverse culture jamming, the kind were
becoming familiar with.  Designed to garner lots of attention while
delivering an entirely confused message.  so anti-anti-Semitism possibly
but I thought more likely hoping for a PC reaction that they could then
scream about.

it requires a lot of thought how to respond to such yuckiness.

nonetheless, I did wonder whether or not a dean or adviser had had a quiet
word on the lines of "this isn't how grownups behave" -- but that's
probably too much to hope for.