[Peace] Congressman Tim Johnson to Address Patriot Act Monday

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 17 19:25:29 CDT 2005

 <<image002.jpg>>
Sorry if this has already been posted.  If so, consider it a reminder :-)

Kimberlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Yohnka
To: Ed Yohnka
Sent: 4/17/2005 7:30 AM
Subject: Special Notice -- Congressman Tim Johnson to Address Patriot Act

Dear ACLU Supporter,

    As a resident of Illinois' 15th Congressional District, we know you
care about how your Congressman, Tim Johnson, will vote this year on the
renewal of controversial portions of the USA PATRIOT Act.  This debate
is our organization's highest priority for the year ahead.

    We are pleased that Congressman Johnson has agreed to appear at a
forum sponsored by the student chapter of the ACLU at the University of
Illinois Law School on Monday, April 18, beginning at 12:00 noon in the
Law School's auditorium.  While we do not anticipate that the
Congressman will take a firm position against renewal of the Patriot
Act, we anticipate that he will outline specific concerns about the law.

    We will keep you posted on developments from this meeting.

Ed

Edwin C. Yohnka
Director of Communications
American Civil Liberties of Illinois