[Peace] Thanks for coming to the press conference!

Charlotte Green chgreen48 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 22:32:57 CST 2005

 Greetings,
 A big thank-you to everyone who came and showed their support for the "Churches Speak Out" press conference last Thursday.  It was wonderful to see so many people there!  Thanks to each of the speakers for their articulate and compelling statements and the four "silent" representatives who added to the impact of the conference with their presence.  A special thanks to Mohammed Al-Heeti for his moving speech.

 Although it would have been nice to have the TV stations cover our story, I think we did get some good press.   WILL radio aired a news story on Thurs. evening as well as Fri. morning.  The story included a very nice interview with Sharon Dorsey.  The News-Gazette had an article in Friday's paper.  Merlin did a phone interview with WDWS radio.  Did anyone hear it?

 The press conference surpassed my expectations. I was excited to see people making connections with each other following the press conference.  We can have a greater impact by working together!

 Last, but not least, thanks to Heidi Weatherford and all the folks at McKinley for being such gracious hosts.

 Peace,
 Charlotte