[Peace] friendly reminder

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 09:27:35 CST 2005

I think I ought to remind everyone that this list is
really only for announcements of upcoming events and
meeting minutes.  I've been pretty lax about it
lately, but I did agree at one point to help with
this.

The problem with extra postings to this list is that a
number of supporters specifically want to avoid the
volume of email on peace-discuss, which is set up for
discussion, sharing articles and organizational
logistics, etc, and other similar lists.  I'm sure we
can sympathize.

We all believe our postings are important - well,
usually - and we want to reach the widest possible
audience.  However, our experience has been that if
people feel they are getting too much email they will
simply leave the list - and then we will not be able
to reach them even for our announcements of upcoming
events, which they had actually signed up to receive.

So, please, let's respect the numerous requests we've
had over the past 3-plus years and remember the
purpose of our separate lists.  Thanks!

Ricky Baldwin
Email listserve fascist
(yes, that's my official title)