[Peace] Busted Screening this Wednesday October 12!

danielle at illinoisnorml.org danielle at illinoisnorml.org
Tue Oct 11 20:52:53 CDT 2005

Hello all,

Do you know what your rights are in a police encounter? Are
you tired of cops abusing their authority? Are you bored on
a Wednesday night?

If so, then you should come to our public showing of the
film "Busted: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police
Encounters"!

"Created by Flex Your Rights and narrated by retired ACLU
director Ira Glasser, BUSTED realistically depicts the
pressure and confusion of common police encounters. In an
entertaining and revealing manner, BUSTED illustrates the
right and wrong ways to handle different police encounters
and pays special attention to demonstrating how you, the
viewer, can courteously and confidently refuse police
searches." (from http://www.flexyourrights.org/busted)

We will be holding a public showing on Wednesday Oct. 12 at
7PM in 180 Bevier Hall. The event will be co-sponsored by
the group Street Law, who will be there to answer questions
after the movie. The movie contains valuable information
that I think everyone should be aware of, so please come if
you can - you won't regret it.

I hope to see you there!

Rob Title
President, UIUC NORML/SSDP