[Peace] (no subject)

Joan Nelshoppen jnelshoppen at insightbb.com
Thu Sep 15 15:56:19 CDT 2005

Folks-

Just wanted to remind everyone that TONIGHT is the last chance to get your
donations onto the truck that is headed to Mississippi.  If you bought
something intending to contribue it, now is the time!   We are still looking
for more food, toiletries, batteries and blankets.

We will be accepting donations between 5 pm and 8 pm, regardless of the
weather.  The drop-off point is along Mattis Avenue, about 2 "blocks" north
of Bradley and one "block" south of the Parkland entrance off of Mattis.
"Block" here is sort-of figuative - more like the distance a block or two
would be.

If you are in Urbana, I am accepting donations at my house that I will be
taking over there.  Please ring my bell if it looks like I am home so we can
transfer your donations directly into my minivan.

Please contribute if you are able.  Thank you for your consideration and
generousity.  If you have questions, plese call me at 369-2853.
Joan

Examples of foods that are needed:  water, boxes of cereal, pasta, sauces
for pasta, cans of soup, tuna, canned veggies, canned fruit, a few cans of
ground coffee, canned anything, etc.  The food needs to be non-perishable;
the truck will get hot inside.  Donations of can openers, disposable plates
and cups, kitchen utensils, hotplates, and things to cook in would also be
helpful.

Toiletries:  shampoo, soap, baby wipes, diapers of all sizes, feminine
hygiene products, toilet paper, etc.

We need BLANKETS and BATTERIES as well.

Sorry - we are not collecting clothing at this time.