[Peace] [Fwd: National Day of Action to Defend Immigrant Rights]

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 6 13:01:46 CDT 2006

[Events concerning the immigration issues... -kem]

What: National Day of Action to Defend Immigrant Rights (Rally)
Economic Boycott to protest anti-immigrant bills and support fair
comprehensive immigration reform
When: APRIL 10th, 2006 @ 11AM
Where: Begins on Neil St & Green St

On April 10, 2006, citizens across America will be organizing to
demonstrate their displeasure with the status quo. Comprehensive
immigration reform and a path to citizenship for the hardworking
documented and undocumented workers has long long been on the
political slate, but little action has been taking to remedy this
undesirable situation. At this point in time, Congress is still
discussing HR4437 which is a misdirected attempt at resolving this
complicated issue and whose main focus is to build a wall between
Mexico and the US. We are asking you to STAND-UP for all of the hard
working people who simply cannot afford to speak out for themselves.
There is a broad coalition of individuals/groups from the community,
academic and professional realm who are participating, but WE NEED
YOUR SUPPORT. Please join us.

If you are forwarding this e-mail to any groups, then we would like to
know which groups and approximately how many will be attending. We are
asking for this information for logistical purposes to ensure that we
have the right number of signs and coordinators to direct people. Any
questions, comments or concerns should be directed to Miranda Jimenez
< mjimen3 at uiuc.edu>.

Thank you,
Ray