[Peace] Court Watch-Wed, Apr 19

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 09:55:37 CDT 2006

*Community Court Watch*

Tuesday, April 19, 1pm

Champaign County Courthouse, downtown Urbana

 Calling all freedom fighters!!!

Patrick Thompson has a pre-trial court date Apr 19.

Stop legal railroading and political persecution in Champaign County!!!

 Who is Officer Hjort?

Who is Brian Silverman?

Who is Brady Smith?

Who is Sergeant Myers?

 Sergeant William Alan Myers, a 13 year employee of the Champaign County
Sheriff's Office, has been charged with aggravated battery in the use of a
Taser gun on Ray Hsieh, a homeless Southeast Asian man, and with obstruction
of justice for lying to his supervisor about the incident. Investigation
into his case has turned up at least 3 other situations where Sgt. Myers has
tased inmates under suspicious circumstances.

   1.

   A 21 year-old who was arrested outside the Canopy Club for arguing
   with a bouncer. While in an empty cell, fully restrained, and wearing an Abu
   Ghraib-style "spit hood," he was tased by Sgt. Myers.
   2.

   Another inmate was tased twice for arguing with another inmate who
   changed the TV channel.
   3.

   The most disturbing story is of an African American woman who was one
   month pregnant when tased by Sgt. Myers. The woman claims she was requesting
   to attend church services when Myers pushed her into her cell and "The next
   thing I know, I'm being tased." She says she was so startled that she
   "pissed herself." Another officer who was interviewed claimed the taser did
   not need to be used.

 Join the Community Court Watch to stop these abuses!!!

--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
204 S. Lynn St.
briandolinar at gmail.com