[Peace] Pages for Pennies: a Book Sale to Benefit Books to Prisoners starts today!

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Thu Apr 12 07:33:21 CDT 2007

Pages for Pennies:
A Book Sale to Benefit Books to Prisoners
April 12 - 16th

Pages for Pennies will be held at the IMC Building, 202 S. Broadway, in
Urbana, Illinois (the old post office).
Proceeds from this book sale go towards shipping costs and dictionaries to
ship to Illinois Prisoners based on their requests.

Hours:
Thursday, April 12 - 4pm-9pm
Friday, April 13 - 12pm-9pm
Saturday, April 14 - 10am-5pm
Sunday, April 15 - 10am-5pm
Monday, April 16 - 10am-12pm

All books are half price on Monday the 16th.

Please come out to support Books To Prisoners!

Also, come out for the Prisoner Arts Festival at the IMC during the Boneyard
Arts Festival next weekend!  More info forthcoming ...

About Books to Prisoners:

UC Books to Prisoners accepts request letters from Illinois inmates, finds
books that meet their needs and provides them at no cost to the inmates. In
conjunction with Spineless Books, we also
publish<http://www.books2prisoners.org/publications.htm>prisoners'
writings and art works.

We do this in part as a creative way to address the poor selection of books
available in many prisons, to let prisoners know they not forgotten, to
remind us that prisoners are part of our community, to encourage literacy,
to share our enthusiasm for literature, and to educate ourselves and the
public about life in prison.

Books to Prisoners is always seeking volunteers to help read letters, pull
books and pack them, and organize book donations.

More info at: www.books2prisoners.org