[Peace] Channing-Murray Social Justice Program

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Thu Apr 12 08:46:15 CDT 2007

Thursday, April 26th  7:15 p.m.
Channing-Murray Foundation
1209 W. Oregon, Urbana

Jason Mierek will be discussing:

“Onward Christian Soldiers? Christianists, Dominionists, and the
Separation of Church and State”

Jason is a part-time instructor of Comparative and Asian Religion at
Parkland College with an MA in Buddhist Studies and ABD in Asian and
Comparative Religion and Philosophy.

Jason will be showing the film, “Jesus Camp,” where children are being
reared in an environment wherein the goal of American theocracy is made
explicit.  Why aren't we as bothered by this as we are by theocratic
Islam coming out of Middle Eastern madrasas? His speculative answer is
that we are propagandized not to see this threat from within.

He will then discuss this propaganda effort, and of the movement,
specifically something called Dominionism, that seeks to establish a
theocratic state in the US.

REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED		FREE AND OPEN TO ALL

Co-Sponsored by the Social Action Committee of the Unitarian
Universalist
Church, AWARE, First Mennonite Peace & Justice Initiative, Illinois
Disciples Foundation & Activist Forum, McKinley Church & Foundation,
Episcopal Chapel of St. John the Divine, U-C Friends Meeting, University
YMCA