[Peace] Electoral Board Hearing on IRV Petition

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Mon Dec 3 13:18:29 CST 2007

Supporters of Instant Runoff Voting, Your Presence is Needed to Make
a Difference!

What?

     * Municipal Election Board Hearing.

A challenge to the IRV (Instant Run-off voting) for Urbana petitions.
An attempt is being made to STOP a grassroots effort to place a
binding referendum on the 02/05/08 ballot that would give local
Urbana voters the opportunity to change our local election
process......... to IRV.............. a process that allows citizens
a greater voice and participation in their elections.

When?

* This Tuesday December 4, 2007 1:30 pm Courtroom H, Champaign County
Courthouse Downtown Urbana!

WHY this challenge?

* Both local Democrats and local Republicans have a role to play in
this possible denial of grassroots democracy!

How is this possible?

* Al Klein (First Vice-Chair of the Champaign County Democratic
Party) has filed an objection to the IRV petitions to be placed on
the February 5, 2008 Primary.

* Incompetent advice and faulty information from local Republican
County Clerk [Mark Shelden] regarding the number of signatures required.

What you can do!

* Please come and support this local effort!

Your presence could help make a difference!

Both Urbana and Champaign residents are asked to attend.

    We need a large turn out!  Please HELP!