[Peace] vote for 3 (was Re: Giraldo for city council)

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 11:18:54 CST 2007

addendum: the election is "vote for three."

If you like Giraldo, do him the favor of returning him with a council
majority for human rights.

There was a forum on Sunday at Democratic headquarters.

Four candidates showed up:

Giraldo;

Patricia Avery, former chair of the Champaign County Board, currently
director of the Champaign-Urbana Area Project;

Annette Williams, member of AWARE;

Fred Gordon, who used to work in the County Clerk's office.

In the forum, all of these candidates pledged to:

Protect the provision of the Human Rights Ordinance that bars
discrimination on the basis of receiving a Section 8 voucher;

Support funding for township General Assistance;

Support a Citizen's Police Review Board.