[Peace] Iraq War: conf. call with Sen. Durbin *this afternoon* (Wed 7/18) -- 4:30pm, or come to Randall Cotton's at 4:15

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 18 15:56:59 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Passing along word from Randall Cotton and Durl Kruse that
Sen. Durbin is interested in speaking with peace groups in Illinois --
including AWARE -- on thoughts about the Iraq war, how we should
proceed, etc.

There will be a conference call *this afternoon*, starting in about
half an hour, at 4:30 PM Wednesday July 18th.  Sorry for the short notice!

Sen. Durbin will speak for the first ten minutes or so, giving
his view of the situation, and then invite comments from
people on the conference call.

Randall Cotton is hosting a gathering at his house,
1912 McDonald in Champaign -- a few blocks south and
3 blocks west of Kirby and Prospect.  Last I heard,
Barbara, Carl and Linda are planning to attend, and
maybe others as well.  They'll meet starting around 4:15
and consider what to say, so if you're going, go a little early.

You can also participate without going to Randall's house:
call 866-909-2663, and when prompted, enter the meeting number:  4295824.
The call might last until 5pm or so.

   Stuart