[Peace] Hiroshima Day

Charlotte Green chgreen48 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 21:12:16 CDT 2007

Dear Friends,

The Peace and Service Committee of the Urbana-Champaign Friends Meeting is interested in participating in a Hiroshima Day celebration and I am willing to help plan it, even to bring together the first planning meeting if needed.  August 6 is a Monday and the 9th a Thursday. We thought something on the weekend (like Aug 5) would have more drawing power. Last year's movie on "Barefoot Gen" at Channing Murray drew a big crowd, as did the Sadako movie and lantern making at First United Methodist, Champaign, the year before.

Please let me know if you would be interested in participating in planning an event or if there is already planning underway that we Quakers could join.

For Peace with Justice,
Bobbi Trist
bstrist at prairienet.org
217-351-9298 home
217-766-1335 cell

When there is truly Justice for All, Peace will be unstoppable. bst