[Peace] *****Join AWARE on *July 4th in the Freedom Celebration Parade*******

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Wed Jun 20 23:53:36 CDT 2007

The Cost of America's Salute to Free Enterprise!
Please join AWARE as we embed our message of Justice and not JUST US in
the
"New-Gazette Champaign County Freedom Celebration" 4th of July Parade!

> Entry description:
> AWARE ........the local Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort of Urbana
> Champaign has built upon the July 4th Parade theme:
> "America Salutes Free Enterprise" with the depiction of the true cost
> of " U.S. free enterprise".
> AWARE's entry depicts the cost to not only our nation but for the
> world.
> Some of the cost depicted by the AWARE entry are Global Warming, Gas
> Guzzling SUV's, Disparity of Wealth, Exportation of Poverty,
> Environmental Devastation, Loss of Worker's Rights and Addiction to
> Wars for OIL.  AWARE encourages everyone to rethink the consequences
> of "U.S. Free Enterprise".
>
> How do we depict the theme:
> AWARE depicts this year's theme for the parade by giving an inclusive
> opportunity for the expression of free speech, the voicing of our 1st
> amendment rights and the ability of citizens to express the idea that
> "American's Free Enterprise" also has consequences for our nation, our
> fellow citizens and the world.  AWARE will make use of a hybrid car as
> the lead vehicle.  Our members will pull children's wagons, ride
> bicycles with or without kid carriers and walk.

Our entry will highlight the consequences and costs of "US Free
Enterprise":
......... Please make and bring some signs to share.  Please bring a
kid's wagon if possible!
We need those joining our group to bring children's wagons if you have
one!

Signs to borrow or bring 'might' include: Signs (listing costs are to
be put on wagons and/or to carry...........
Global Warming
Environmental Devastation
Gas Guzzling SUV's
Disparity of Wealth
Exportation of Poverty
Loss of Worker's Rights
Addiction to Wars for OIL
Sweatshops
CPC=Cheap Plastic Crap
Lack of Health Care for ALL
Destruction of Labor Unions
Jobs Without Justice
Peace flags, corporate flags, regular flags and all types of banners
and message signs are welcome!
We plan to have a hybrid Pruis as the lead car followed by walker,
bicycles, kid's wagons with or without carriers.
Please wear a T-Shirt of SKY BLUE color and plan to join AWARE in the
Parade on July 4th.

JOIN the Parade and the FUN!
ALL are WELCOME!

JAN Kruse