[Peace] IVAW's Operation First Casualty

martin smith send2smith at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 10:56:40 CDT 2007

 In an effort to illuminate the true reality of the conflict in Iraq,
members of Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) engaged in a series of
street theater actions around Chicago on Monday.

Actual veterans of the conflict in Iraq played the part of American service members – with reenactments that highlighted various aspects of life in combat in Iraq. The event was treated like a military operation with participants in full military uniform, however, there were no weapons used at any time.

"We are calling Monday's action Operation First Casualty because we believe that truth was the first casualty of this war. Our aim is to show the American public the truth of the US occupation in Iraq," said Garett Reppenhagen, IVAW board chair and one of the organizers of June 18th's event. "It is time for the American people to know the truth so they will act to bring the troops home now."

Below is a video montage of OFC in Chicago (click the play button).  The images are powerful.
Please share with all your antiwar allies:

http://www.dailyherald.com/galleries/vetprotest061907/index.html

More information about Iraq Veterans Against the War can be found at: ivaw.org
The Champaign Chapter of Iraq Veterans Against the War can be reached at:
ivaw.champaign at gmail.com