[Peace] **Join AWARE on *July 4th in the Freedom Celebration Parade*******

jencart at mailstation.com jencart at mailstation.com
Thu Jun 21 12:56:38 CDT 2007

I love the "Justice" vs "Just Us". It seems an obvious pairing but I hadn't tuned into it before... Maybe the lead sign could say, FREE ENTERPRISE -- Does it mean JUSTICE or JUST US??

I suggest we we separate targets w/ their particular messengers. Sweatshop workers are speaking to Walmart, Nike, etc... Hybrid drivers are speaking to potential SUV buyers... There's a disconnect among the 2 groups... R and D and jobs producing, marketing, selling hybrids have hurt American workers... plus many Americans can't afford to trade in their gas-guzzlers for hybrids. (Or even afford to e g buy curly bulbs AND new lamps/fixtures that will accommodate them...)

So our messages will be clearer if we pair ea specific example of Free Enterprise w/ its particular messengers, e g --

Pair hybrid w/ well-dressed folks carrying signs saying, "My next car will be a hybrid" or "I'm saving up for a hybrid". (Poor folks are left no choice but to buy used gas-guzzlers when their old gas-guzzlers die, so they're not in this equation.)

Then Walmart/Nike CEOs could be paired w/ sweatshop workers/child laborers...

War profiteers -- does anybody have the book that lists all the US companies making a killing on the killing?? Halliburton is too obvious -- better to list the unknown profiteers who are household names -- GE, etc etc. These folks could be paired w/ injured soldiers, bereft families, taxpayers w/ their empty pockets turned inside out...

Coke CEOs looking smug re taking their product world-wide paired w/ thirsty dusty folks saying manufacture of Coke has ruined their water supply.

NCLB w/ teachers and students...

Just a couple of tho'ts off top of my head... Sad that there are so many other examples to be included...

Jenifer