[Peace] anti-torture demo

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:28:37 CDT 2007

This coming Tuesday, June 26 is the U.N. international day against
torture. In conjunction with that, there will be a demonstration in
Washington and one in Springfield on the Capitol steps. I will be
driving over and back and my car can take one or two more. Contact me
by e-mail if you are interested - leaving around 3:15. Barbara Kessel

ACTION NAME: Restore our rights

ACTION SPONSOR: Pax Christi, Springfield

DATE and TIME: 6-26-2007, 4:45 to 5:45PM

Habeas Corpus, Repeal the MCA, End Torture and Rendition.  Bring
flowers symbolizing loss of life through torture. loss of rights and
hope for change in US policy.

Sponsored by Springfield ACLU, Pax Christi Springfield, Mary Wood
Branch WILPF and Justice and Peace Office of Franciscan Sisters.

For more information, call Peg at (217) 793-5074