[Peace] more 4th of July info / sky blue shirts/ sun block, water / drivers, bikers, walkers needed

Karen E. Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 30 14:13:20 CDT 2007

More info for AWARE's 4th of July parade entry:
* If you have a sky blue shirt,  wear that. We don't all need to wear
blue, but it might look good.
* Bicyclers and walkers welcome. Pullers needed for the little wagons.
* Passengers welcome. At least one hybrid car will be able to carry
those who need to ride. If you would like to ride, let us know (e.g. RW
will be riding). If you have a hybrid, we could use you as the tail. We
could use you to carry a person or two and carry water.
* You don't have to walk the whole way. People can drop out at any
place, or join in any place.
* Wear sun block. Bring water. We'll have water, but too much is better
than not enough.
* The parade for us starts at 1:05pm
* Entries must be in place by 11:45am for the judges to judge. Again, we
meet on north side of California St., between Lincoln and Busey, in
space #68. The parade route will be blocked off. Parking may be a little
difficult. It wasn't too bad last year, but one can never tell.
* Parade Route: The parade begins at Lincoln & Nevada. Continues south
on Lincoln to Florida Avenue. It then proceeds west on Florida to First
Street. The route then turns south on first and disperses in the
Assembly Hall parking lot on the west side of First.