[Peace] 4th anniversary events: 11 to 1 Thursday March 15

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:37:11 CST 2007

The official events scheduled for Thursday March 15, 2007 (4 years too long) are:

11am - 12noon -- gather on the University Quad and march with signs down Green St.
12noon - 1pm -- rally on the University Quad. Speakers, music, naming of the dead.

What AWARE can do to help out:
* If you would like to speak or read something, let Karen know ASAP (email: kmedina at uiuc dot edu )
* Offer some of our ready-made signs for the event. (Ricky, could I borrow some for the 15th?)
* Offer poster making materials so more can be made next Tuesday 6pm in 140 Lincoln Hall (come help make posters!!)
* Offer to sell pins and bumper stickers on Thursday
* On Thursday, we will also need a few people to stay at the Union while the group marches down Green St. The idea would be that the people who stay behind be a presence for those who arrive late and to advertise the march and rally.