[Peace] Night of Beauty / 6:30pm Tuesday evening

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 11 18:11:32 CST 2007

'Night of Beauty' is sponsored by Muslim Women's Outreach, CIMIC Outreach Committee, the Muslim Students' Association, and Council for American-Islamic Relations UIUC.

'NIGHT OF BEAUTY'
     On Tuesday, 13 November 2007, at 6:30pm a program entitled 'Night of Beauty' will be held in Room 407 of the Illini Union [1401 West Green Street Urbana, Illinois 61801].  All are invited.

The program will begin with a short explanation, and then followed with a recitation of the Qur'an by Br. Abdul Hakeem.  Next, Naseer Yahya will do a large-scale demonstration of classical Islamic calligraphy.  Finally, there will be a poetry session: it will feature poets delivering in a variety of languages simultaneously translated into English.

The intent is to engage the relationship of Muslims to their religion from their own perspectives.  It is to highlight the beauty we find in the revelation from our Prophet (SAW)--in the beauty produced and present around us - as well as that which exists hidden within each of us.

Visit the website for more information:  http://beauty13.blogspot.com