[Peace] Finkelstein teach-in/Chicago/October 12

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 8 09:00:38 CDT 2007

Peace list (including Midge O'Brien),

There are a number of people interested in going to the October 12 Finkelstein panel lecture in Chicago including Mort Brussel, Eric Heim, and a few others.

Carpooling needs to happen quickly, so ...

If people are interested, I suggest that people contact both
Mort Brussel <brussel4 at insightbb.com>
Eric Heim <eheim2 at uiuc.edu>

If the carpooling includes picking up people on campus, then I suggest the meeting point be at the Main Library (1408 W. Gregory Dr) on the corner of 6th and Gregory in Champaign.
-karen medina

Basic information about the event:
"In Defense of Academic Freedom"
12 October 2007 - 2:00pm - 7:00 pm
Rockefeller Chapel, University of Chicago
Rockefeller Chapel is located on the
University of Chicago's campus:
5850 S. Woodlawn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
For more information, please email them at: info at academicfreedomchicago.org
http://www.academicfreedomchicago.org

The panel lecture at the University of Chicago's Rockefeller Chapel will feature the following 6 speakers:
• Dr. Akeel Bilgrami, Johnsonian Professor of Philosophy and Director of The Heyman Center, Columbia University
• Dr. Noam Chomsky, Institute Professor & Professor of Linguistics (Emeritus), Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Dr. Tony Judt, University Professor and Director of the Remarque Institute, New York University
• Dr. John Mearsheimer, R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor of Political Science, University of Chicago
• Dr. Neve Gordon, Professor, Department of Politics and Government, Ben-Gurion University
Hosted by:
• Tariq Ali, Editor of the New Left Review and Verso Books