[Peace] SCHIP recipients and supporters rally for veto override Tuesday

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:11:55 CDT 2007

>From Jacqueline Hannah:

SCHIP/Children's Health Care Funding Rally
Tuesday, October 16th, 5 pm to 6 pm
at the corner of Main St. and Broadway in Urbana (in front of the veterans'
memorial)

We've got less than 4 days to save SCHIP funding and make sure that over 6
million America children don't lose their access to health care!

Thousands of people all around the country will be rallying at the same
time, linking our voices together for the 6 to 10 million children who would
receive health care because of this funding.  Please sign up at the MoveOn
site and let us know you will be there to stand up for children's health
care.

http://political.moveon.org/event/kidshealthvigil/41256

DON'T LET BUSH BLOCK HEALTH CARE FOR OUR KIDS

Congress recently passed a bill that would ensure that millions of children
whose parents cannot afford health insurance can see a doctor when they're
sick.

President Bush vetoed the kids' health care bill. This week, Congress has
the chance to override Bush's veto.

Our representative, Timothy Johnson, voted against SCHIP funding.  We've all
been putting the pressure on Representative Johnson this last week, sending
e-mails, faxes, making phone calls, hold press conferences, and attending
public rallies.

This will be a very close vote.  Every Representative could make the
difference between providing care for uninsured children and not. If you
have not yet called Representative Johnson, now is the time to urge him or
her to vote to override Bush's reckless veto of this important health care
legislation?

CALL Rep. Tim Johnson:
202-224-3121

I will personally be there Tuesday at 5 pm, as will my partner and my son
Eli, who gets his health care through AllKids, the SCHIP funded state health
program to stand up for Eli and the millions of other children who benefit
from SCHIP funding.  We will see you there!

Sincerely,
Jacqueline Hannah
Urbana

P.S.  We'll have signs at the event for you to hold up if you wish, or bring
your own so we can share the message with everyone who passes by!
 <http://political.moveon.org/event/kidshealthvigil/41256>