[Peace] [ian@ciop.org: [Aware] Event Tonight: St. Pat's Catholic Church in Urbana, 7PM]

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 17 14:52:25 CDT 2007

----- Forwarded message from ian at ciop.org -----

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:40:04 -0700
From: ian at ciop.org
Subject: [Aware] Event Tonight: St. Pat's Catholic Church in Urbana, 7PM
To: aware at anti-war.net

I recognize this is short notice, but I attended and spoke at the city council meeting last night and was thinking about AWARE. I work with the Central Illinois Organizing Project (www.ciop.org) and have a Champaign office. In connection with Metanoia Center in Champaign, we are holding a Town Hall on foreclosure prevention tonight at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Urbana (708 W Main St) at 7PM. I was wondering if you could forward this message along to your group. We are hoping to both engage borrowers in foreclosure (all Champaign-Urbana residents in foreclosure were contacted) as well as community leaders who want to work on this issue or know members of the community who need assistance. Through organizing efforts, we have developed some unique resources that can help save homes.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Ian Schwab, CIOP Staff
(w)217-355-6423
(c)856-607-1052