[Peace] Red Herring Fall Benefit on Friday November 2

Amy Clay amyr.clay at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:22:03 CDT 2007

Announcing the Red Herring Fall Benefit:

*When Hami-B, our food processor, exploded that tasty salad dressing we make
all over the kitchen, and then when we realized that our cold table (cute
moniker yet to be determined) was schviting its way to 40 Degrees, we
realized it was time for another Red Herring Benefit. As you may or may not
know, the Red Herring is a non-profit vegetarian restaurant, so all of the
money we make goes back into making the Restaurant better for our customers
and for future vegans and vegetarians, to keeping our prices accessible to
folks trying to live a healthy vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, and to
purchasing the best and freshest food from local farmers and food producers.
This takes a LOT of LOVE: from Channing-Murray our parent organization, from
Red Herring Staff and most importantly from Red Herring Volunteers and
Patrons!! We couldn't do it without you!!*

And so, the Red Herring Fall Benefit! FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2! Come eat your
favorite Red Herring food for dinner, See the Red Herring all spiffed up
with her best party clothes on and listen to some of your favorite local
artists and dance into the night!! All to help the Herring make some much
needed improvements to our kitchen!!

Read on for Details!!

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2

Music: 6 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Dinner 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.

Price: $6 to enter and
$5 for dinner
$1 off for dinner and door OR if you wear a costume:
Costumes or other festive dress encouraged!

There will be two raffles--One during the dinner set and one during the
later concert set. Awesome prizes from local businesses including: Art Mart,
Art Coop, Campus Massage Center, The Common Ground Food Co-op, World
Harvest, Exile on Main, Moonstruck, Furniture Lounge, Undercover and MUCH
MUCH MORE!!

Dinner Set: (6-10)
Kenny Knowles
Pony Tales (featuring Morgan Orion)
Charles Joseph Smith
Glasseye Jack
and Kate and James Hathaway

Concert Set: (10 p.m. - 1 a.m.)
Yeni Raki (from Chicago)
Krukid
Zmick

--
"The voice of passion is better than the voice of reason. The passionless
cannot change history."  Czeslaw Milosz