[Peace] Central Illinois IVAW available to speak at high schools

martin smith send2smith at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 14:05:22 CDT 2008

please forward to h.s. teachers...

Dear Champaign-Urbana community:
Four members of Iraq Veterans Against the War recently spoke at Armstrong High School in Potomac about our military service and experiences in Iraq.  A teacher requested permission for us to speak to his class, and we were given two hours, the same amount of time that the military recruiters had received.

We were very pleased by the positive response we received from the students and the teachers, and we are ready to do more of these type of speaking engagements.  If any teacher, particularly high school, would like us to speak at your school, we are available.  It seems like such speaking engagements are most successful when there is a teacher that is able to set this up with the permission, if need be, from the school administration.

for more information or to request a speaker, just contact our chapter at:
ivaw.champaign at gmail.com

bring the troops home now!
Martin Smith, treasurer
Central Illinois Iraq Veterans Against the War