[Peace] Full House, tonight at 10pm, ch. 6

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 12 16:26:45 CDT 2008

In the week of of Olympic aces and 08-08-08, we try not to recall that aces and
eights are the Dead Man's Hand.  (Wm. Hickok was dealt out on August 2, 1876.)

Instead, we watch as the US corporate media set ever new records in
Indoor Conclusion Jumping, and we attend to the hand "AWARE on the Air"
deals us this evening at 10pm on cable channel six; viz. and to wit:

	David Harley -- nation-building;
	Bob Naiman -- off-shore drilling, Iran, and Objective Reality;
	Ron Szoke -- but not really (yeah, really; or,
	What To Do Until the Metaphysician Arrives);
	Barbara Kessel -- an upcoming presentation;
	Linda Weber – the wars go on, but does the N-G notice?

We start with some notes on local events from Karen Medina (the new chair of the
AOTAWG*), with thanks to Randall Cotton for minutes from last Sunday night's
AWARE meeting.

We conclude with What's Not Being Said in the US media about the
Russian-Georgian War (yep, it's US policy) from yr. obdt. servt. -- and an
announcement about a new program on UPTV and online.