[Peace] Tue 6/19, noon, IL Terminal: Come rally in support of clean energy development and energy conservation

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 16 09:09:11 CDT 2008

Please join us if you can for a rally for a US energy policy that
supports clean energy and energy conservation, and promotes creation of
green jobs.  Stand in opposition to offshore oil drilling
and subsidies for big oil!

When:
     *noon*, Tuesday, August 19th, for about an hour

Where:
     Illinois Terminal (downtown Champaign bus & train station),
     45 E. University Ave., Champaign.
     We'll be on the sidewalk facing University Ave.

Why:
     Though this isn't directly a Peace issue,
     our patterns of energy use drive a lot of US foreign policy.

Hope you can join us for a while.  Bring a sign if you like,
or we'll have some to carry.  We may be doing other activities too.

If you like, you can sign up for this event (coordinated by MoveOn
as part of a national series of events that day):

    http://pol.moveon.org/event/events/event.html?event_id=50447