[Peace] Rolling Sunlight Story Tour!

Drew Thomas drew.thomas at greenpeace.org
Tue Aug 26 02:16:21 CDT 2008

Hello!

I would like to invite you to attend a very special upcoming Greenpeace
event. On August 28th Greenpeace’s Global Warming Story Tour will be in
Urbana putting on a SOLAR POWERED CONCERT! A 256 sq. ft. solar array
(and the batteries it charges) will be amplifying the sounds of local
band ZMICK while we collect stories to Congress in the parking lot
across from the Urbana Free Library from 5PM – 8PM.

The tour is powered by the Rolling Sunlight, a demonstration and
educational vehicle that runs on biodiesel and is crossing the country
from San Francisco to Washington DC stopping in 50 locations in all. The
goal of the tour is to collect stories from people about how global
warming is impacting their lives and what they are doing to fight it.
Once in DC we will be presenting your stories to Congress, showing them
that American’s are doing their part, and now it’s time Congress did
theirs.

On Friday, the Sunlight will be in Downtown Champaign in front of Café
Kopi from 11AM – 2PM. Democratic challenger Steve Cox will be there at
1PM to share his story and Representative Tim Johnson has said he or
someone from his office will attend.

To recap:

Thursday, August 28th
5PM – 8PM
Solar Powered Zmick Concert!
Race and Elm, Urbana

Friday, August 29th
11AM – 2PM
109 N Walnut (Downtown Champaign, near Café Kopi)

I know you’ve all made steps towards a more sustainable lifestyle, and
now is your chance to share your story with Congress!

See you there!
-Your local Greenpeace chapter