[Peace] Dump the Dems, attend to Aota, tonight at 10

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 26 19:56:17 CDT 2008

When you've seen enough of the "Hillary-in-2012" convention tonight, you can
turn to cable channel 6 at 10pm for "AWARE on the Air," an almost Democrat-free
discussion (coming soon to <www.anti-war.net>).

While our summer political Olympics distract us this week with Democrats in the
Pepsi Center (and next week Republicans, undoubtedly in the Coke Center), you
can for an hour tonight think long, long thoughts with members of the Anti-War
Anti-Racism Effort:

--the timeless Karen Medina traverses the past and the future;

--the marvelous Linda Webber monitors the mysteries of mingle-mangle once more;

--the allusive Ron Szoke alerts us to Friday's apocryphon (on Tuesday): "Just
the facts, ma'am"; and

--yr. obdt. servt. Explains It All To You (with the help of the others), since
the inner workings of the USG -- Realists [sic] vs. Neocons [sic] as Gog and
Magog -- are exposed on the front page of the NYT this morning:

<http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/washington/26diplo.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=khalilzad&st=cse&oref=slogin>

--which shows that American Grand Strategy has devolved to the point that the
Realist (Rep and Dem, Gates and Obama) dreams of killing the resisters in Afpak
(this week, they mostly got children), and the Neocon dreams of putting a
certified crazy person [sick] in place to do it:

<http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1dc8ecbc-7305-11dd-983b-0000779fd18c.html>.

	There are things of which I may not speak;
	There are dreams that cannot die;
	There are thoughts that make the strong heart weak,
	And bring a pallor into the cheek,
	And a mist before the eye...

Tonight. Ten. Six.

Ten-four, Sgt. Friday? --CGE