[Peace] AWAREPresents Program

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at comcast.net
Wed Aug 27 11:41:43 CDT 2008

A PANEL DISCUSSION

“PTSD: Our Troops, Our Community”

War has been described as “Hell”.  This has never been made more
evident than by the large number of men and women who currently
suffer from “Post Traumatic Stress Disorder”, PTSD, as a result of
their military experience in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Learn about this little understood trauma of war and its effect on
the lives of people living in our community.

Sunday, September 7

2:00 P.M.

Urbana Free Library Auditorium

PANELISTS:

Abigail Malone, Psychiatrist treating PTSD patients

Martin Smith, Iraq Veterans Against the War

Paul Anderson and Mike Mlekowski, Iraq Veterans suffering from PTSD
symptoms

Ann Russell, Clinical Social Worker / PTSD family member

Trent Stevens, Disabled Veteran, U of I Academic Advisor

Cosponsors: AWARE & IVAW